Rocko's Modern Life

There are certain TV shows that I would consider to be "fetishes." They all mean different things to me and I love them all for different reasons.

Rocko's Modern Life was my favorite cartoon when I was younger. I still watch episodes online occasionally and I laugh just the same as I did when I was 4. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing now that I think about it. Either way, I still love this show and it will always be one of my favorite memories of childhood.

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia has become my favorite show on TV in the past few years. The writing is brilliant and extremely quotable, the characters are well developed degenerates who you love despite how horrible they are. I own every season on DVD .

Ugly Americans premiered on Comedy Central last year and is about a fictional version of Manhattan that is home to all sorts of humanized creatures. It's hard to describe the different species present in the show but you can see some of them in the picture above. I love this show because of the level of absurdity in all of the characters. The story centers around a human who works to assimilate these creatures into daily American life and in doing this, he experiences all sorts of stress and bizarre situations and encounters.

I'm a big fan of cover songs. It's always fun to see what a band does to recreate a song that they didn't write. Sometimes a band covers a song because that artist heavily influenced them and sometimes a band covers a song just because it's fun and unexpected. I'm more in favor of the latter, especially if the two genres are nothing alike.

Some covers work and some don't and it's up to the listener to decide. Below are six cover songs that I pulled out of my iTunes.

Boys of Summer performed by The Ataris in 2003, originally by Don Henley in 1984