Point A is my house, located directly on the banks of the Connecticut River. Because of this location, most of my life's memories include swimming, waterskiing, and other general river activities.

Point B is Hopkins Academy, my high school.

The band director at Hopkins is Edward Forman (http://www.eddieforman.com), who is a prominent polka musician and a member of the International Polka Hall of Fame. This is just one example of the great presence of Polish pride in Hadley and the Pioneer Valley overall.

Point C is a beach in north Hadley that became a common hangout spot for me and my friends during the late spring and summer months because it was nearly deserted; we usually had the entire place to ourselves. Two years ago, however, it became a public beach and therefore it became a crowded beach, which ruined the experience for my group of friends.

Point D is Amherst, MA, home of Umass, Amherst College, Hampshire College, and Antonio's Pizza. Pictured below is a slice of avocado quesadilla from this fine eatery.

On Friday and Saturday nights, college students can be seen stumbling out, drunkenly rejoicing at the treasure they are about to consume. It's all just part of the college town atmosphere.

Point E is Skinner State Park.

Point F is the Oxbow in the Connecticut River.

In 1980, my dad and a group of his friends started the Oxbow Water Ski Show Team. I've been skiing for as long as I can remember and participated in the annual Eastern Region Tournament.

When I was 9 years old, I attempted to conquer the jump...

... and I broke my femur.