When my mom would pick me up from Preschool in the basement of the Goodwin Memorial Library in Hadley she would ask if I wanted to borrow a book or movie from the library and sometimes I would choose A Troll in Central Park but 9 times out of 10, my choice was D2: The Mighty Ducks. I've watched it countless times over the course of my life and it has become my favorite movie as well as a symbol for the time I spent in the early stages of academia.

More recently, on boring Friday and Saturday nights in Hadley, my friends and I would take part in "Drive-by Insults". This entailed driving around the Umass Amherst campus and the surrounding college area and yell at college students on sidewalks. We wouldn't necessarily shout insulting things but any statement to puzzle them as they were walking.

On one of these nights, we passed someone wearing one of these:

and I yelled "Mighty Ducks sold out after District 5!"
For those who don't know understand that, see the link about the first film above.

This movie has stayed with me for so long because of the memories it brings back and despite knowing very little about hockey, the Mighty Ducks games were always riveting to watch. Even today, when I know how their final showdown with Team Iceland ends, I still get nervous during the tiebreaker shootout and feel relieved and overjoyed when it's over.