EMERSON COLLEGE, Boston, MA (December 2008)
M.A. in Theatre Education
Concentration: Secondary Education
- Directed performance piece for campus organization for the final culmination of Take Back the Night, a series of events to raise awareness for domestic abuse and violence
- Donated $3,000 from ticket sales to Casa Myrna, a Boston-based organization dedicated to ending domestic violence in homes, families and communities through intervention, prevention and education
SWEET BRIAR COLLEGE, Sweet Briar, VA (May 2004)
B.A. Theatre, Musical Theatre
Arts Management Certificate
FONTAINEBLEAU HIGH SCHOOL, Mandeville, LA (August 2008-Present)
Theatre Teacher Intern
Complete a total of 300 hours of instruction, training students in Uta Hagen, Boal, and Stanislavski acting methods, while maintaining classroom management to create a fun and comfortable setting for dramatic expression.
- Produced a 20-minute promotional presentation for Fall play, Barefoot in the Park
- Administered specialized drama curriculum introducing new concepts of process drama and playmaking
- Critiqued student performances for audition process of Barefoot in the Park and Willy Wonka Jr.
NORTH VERMILLION HIGH SCHOOL, Lafayette, LA (August 2008-Present)
Visual Coordinator and Choreographer
Coach auxiliary dance team in preparation for state-wide competitions, conceptualize visual themes for musical pieces, and work extensively with band director and guard instructor in creating a visually pleasing field show.
- Received all superior ratings at Vermilion Parish Marching Festival, District Marching Festival, Northshore Marching Competition, Louisiana Showcase of Bands, and Florida Showcase of Champions
- Placed fourth overall auxiliary at the 2008 Louisiana Showcase of Bands
VANDEBILT HIGH SCHOOL, Houma, LA (2004-2007)
Director of Theatre Arts (2005-2007)
Organized production and rehearsal schedules, balanced budget, hired vocal director and production company for sound & lights, recruited students to join production crews, arranged guest artists to lead workshops for students.
- Founded VC THEATRE, an extra-curricular drama organization comprised of 100 students
- Implemented original fundraiser Holiday on Stage, an elementary-level instructional drama camp
- Directed, choreographed, and coordinated all Mainstage musicals
Instructed five classes in Comparative Religion & Catholicism, levels 8th, 10th, & 12th , created interactive lesson plans to generate a classroom environment conducive to the understanding of the subject matter.
- Selected to represent Vandebilt as faculty guide for Euro-American Tours to Italy
- Established and moderated Vandebilt's first Swing Dance Club, comprised of 50 students
- Created and coordinated two sophomore class retreats, each consisting of 120 students
Dance Team Co-Moderator, Visual Coordinator and Choreographer (2004-2006)
Coached competitive dance team for field shows, organized and ran practices, conducted dance team auditions.
- Planned and supervised a team trip to Dance Olympus' 2006 Competition and Workshop
- Placed second overall at the 2005 Louisiana Showcase of Bands