During the 2007-2008 school year, I ran the after school program at the Conservatory Lab Charter School (CLCS).  CLCS is a learning through music charter school in the Boston Public School system.  In addition to teaching drama and providing enrichment opportunities, CLCS was awarded a grant through the Harvard After School Initiative to integrate Dance and Visual Arts into the enrichment opportunities I was currently coordinating.  Here is a report on all the great learning activities that happened throughout the year.

HASI - FINAL REPORT.pdf

Here is a thank you letter from one of my students in the after school program.

Thank You Letter After School.jpg

During the school year, After School put on two performances and art shows. The first was an exploration of Ghanaian culture. The students learned cultural dances, drumming, traditional artwork, and I directed them in a play called Ananse's Trick Does Double Work. Here is the show program from that performance.

Show Program.doc

After the show, I recieved a thank you letter from one of my students in the play. Check it out.

Thank You Letter Ananse.jpg

For the second part of the school year, After School explored Afro-Caribbean culture, the environment and the student's personal heritage. Each student wrote a monologue in the voice of their parent or grandparent.

The students performed cultural dances and a Stomp dance, showed art work, and performed a self written monologue show. Students also wrote and performed in commercials that advocated caring for the environment. This project was viewed as an instilation for the art show. Here is the show program from that event.

Show Program 2.doc