Ever since the age of seven, I have been performing. I started taking classes at Newton Children’s Theatre in second grade and I found out just how infectious the art of theater is. I continued to act through high school and college. At Brandeis University, I received my BA in Theater Arts and I also grew immensely as a performer. I performed in eight plays and was a very active member of the Undergraduate Theater Collective. The curriculum was so varied and diverse that I learned about not only acting, but directing, playwriting, set building, sound design and more. As well, Brandeis is known for its non-Western theater studies and my interest in non-Western theater was sparked from the class I took on the Suzuki method.

It was not until my sophomore year of college that I realized my love of teaching. I became a counselor at the same acting camp that I went to in high school (Stage One, a camp for grades seven through twelve and a part of Company One, a leading fringe theater company in Boston) and from there I found my interest towards teaching grow exponentially. The following summer I became the drama specialist for the lower camp at Camp Grossman in Westwood. By then, I was hooked. I knew that I wanted to dedicate my life to this profession.

Currently I am finishing up my Masters in Theater Education at Emerson. I will be graduating in May 2010 with my M.A. and my certification to teach grades K-12. I am also currently student teaching at Wellesley High School where I have taught my own curriculum as well as helped direct two plays, including one of the winners of the Massachusetts High School Drama Festival. My passion for theater is limitless and I am excited to see what the future holds.