This is a warm-up game I like to play with my students. It uses the vocabulary from Street Fighter and Mortal Combat, which appeals to those who like to play video games while still providing a valuable theater warm-up. Here are the rules:
- Everyone stands in a circle
- To pass to the person next to you, you say "Hadoken"
- To reverse the direction of the pass, you say "Tiger Uppercut"
- To skip over the person next to you, you say "Yoga Flame"
- To pass to someone across the circle, you say "Sonic Boom"
- To switch places with someone, you say "Get Over Here!"
- All of these commands have movements that go along with them and should be done with high energy and at a fast pace. This can be a competitive or a non-competitive game.