To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing this letter on behalf of Rachel Kurnos who has applied to be a candidate in the Master of Theater Education program.  I have had the pleasure of working with Rachel at JCC Grossman Camp where she served as a drama specialist last summer. She is a warm and imaginative person, which contributed to a very successful season. Her leadership abilities and energy were outstanding!

From the beginning I found Rachel to be thoughtful, mature, insightful, detail oriented, and fun.  I especially appreciated her willingness to dive right in and help me make camp a fun place to spend the summer, both for the children and the staff. Rachel was given a lot of creative license in her program. With very little direction, Rachel was able to plan innovative and entertaining drama games and exercises for our campers with a wide variety of ages. She worked well with the counselors and the campers in leading these activities.

She also was charged with the responsibility of planning and implementing an original theme based show for 200 campers every two weeks. She was very creative and put on a very entertaining 40 minute production. Rachel is a hard worker, and accomplished every task assigned her with professionalism and a smile!

I highly recommend Rachel as a candidate in your Master of Theater Education program. She is a leader as well as a team player. Rachel will be an asset to Emerson College, as she can share her expertise with others as she is learning.  If you would like to discuss her candidacy further please feel free to call me at 617-244-5124 or email me at sgreen@jccgb.org.

Sincerely,

Sue Green