Welcome to my digital portfolio!

I am still developing all of the pages. Please see what I have so far. Feel free to send me a note and I will get back to you soon.

Roxanne Schroeder-Arce

BIO

Roxanne Schroeder-Arce serves as Assistant Professor of Theatre Education at Emerson College in Boston, Massachusetts. Prior to Emerson, she taught at California State University Fresno. She received her M.F.A. from the University of Texas at Austin and her bachelor’s degree and teaching credential from Emerson College. She has also served as Artistic and Education Director of Teatro Humanidad in Austin, Texas, after teaching high school theatre in Texas for six years. A product of Upward Bound, she taught Performing Arts for the Keene State College Upward Bound program for several years. She has taught creative drama at multiple schools, and apprenticed at the Dramashop Program at Seattle Children’s Theatre. Aside from her teaching, Schroeder-Arce is a director, performer, and playwright. She has received two playwriting commissions, and her bilingual plays have been presented to children and youth in theatres around the United States. Her plays Señora Tortuga and Legend of the Poinsettia are published by Anchorage Press PLAYS. She has taught workshops on issues of diversity in theatre for young audiences nationally and internationally. Schroeder-Arce currently serves as a Board member of the American Alliance for Theatre and Education, and she is actively involved with Theatre for Young Audiences/USA, the American Society for Theatre Research, and the International Theatre for Young Audiences Research Network.